We are nine months after starting of the blog. I wrote some main ideas in the 1st posts. All of them are active, but I have clarified some ideas and concepts in higher level. I would like to share it with you and write it for myself in the future.
Types of blogs
We can split blogs into two categories:
- Blogs about nothing and about everything in the same time.
- Just to write, just to share some ideas.
- Without any structure or longer plans.
- Without the main concept about content category
- Blogs with a clear view and for specific niche.
- To write articles in some specified topics
- To be a place with professional knowledge in specified areas
- With some vision to help people with the same problems
All blogs I have created in the past they were in the 1st group(maybe expect one, but the topic was not good for me), but now I think I have a clear vision about the purpose of that place
The main concept
Let’s start with the name:
- Of course it is technical so we will talk about code and some technical stuff
Pruner- It is a gardening tool for there are some gardening metaphors:
- A pruner is a tool to cut branches.
- A pruner is a person that trim or prune plants
- They prune to shape growth of plants.
- Some branches have to be cut to allow others, more important parts, to grow.
- They cut old, dried and useless branches to give more sun for others
- They cut old plants to have better harvest
- They work in longer perspective.
- They prune apple trees in late winter to have better apples in autumn
- They prune raspberries one year to have fruits in next to have fruits next year
- They cut old and sick parts to save others
- They cut some parts in very young trees to shape the tree crown in ten or more years.
- They know that
A Stitch In Time Saves Nine
- When you connect these two words you will guess some ideas.
- We need to cut some part of code to allow then for health growth
- We need to think about refactor in long perspective
- Sometimes months, sometimes years
- Sometimes we don’t know the final result, but we need to go to correct direction
- Development, like gardening, is not only about creating new things (like seeding)
- We need to take care of our job
- We need to monitor our fields
- We need to deliver it
- We need to work with our team
- We need to cooperate with other people
- In shorten:
How to develop and deliver faster with better quality
So when we have the main idea of the blog we can go to ordinary things. I am going to write articles in categories:
- In that category we will talk about: Quality, CleanCode, Designs Patterns, Developer Workshop, Architecture
- and how to improve our work to be able to focus on the most important areas
- At the beginning it will be subcategory in Craftsmanship, but maybe it will change in the future
- How and why configure CI/CD process to allow to wo work more effectively
- But we will not talk about all of DevOps stuff, we will look at CI/CD from team and developer perspective
- It is required to have good velocity in long term.
- I will write about some tips and tricks in refactoring
- How to refactor even if everyone things there is not time for this
- How to do it safety
- How to do in continuously
- It is nice to write and read about idea, but we need to develop it
- Se we need some information about concrete technologies, languages, frameworks, etc.
- It will be split for frontend and backend, but maybe something different in the future
- Maybe it would be better to split it by technologies. We will see.
- And I creating a blog with Hugo. So there will be place for articles about Hugo too.
- Developer work is not only about creating code. We can say that it is only a small part of it.
- We need to talk with people. Yes it is true, with multiple types of people: other developers, managers, users, PMs, business people
- Sometimes we need to write some documents to improve cooperations
- We will talk about some tricks and approaches how to improve team work to improve velocity
- I will write about some ideas that I have in my mind and they will be related with my activity, but not very technical. Like that post.
Ok. So here it the plan.
Would you like to read about something specific?
Let me know and leave a comment :)